Buenos Aires Tetra Live Fish
Buenos Aires Tetra Live Fish
Buenos Aires Tetra
- Scientific Name: Hemigrammus caudovittatus
- Size: They can grow to be around 2.5 to 3 inches (6 to 8 cm) in length.
- Lifespan: On average, they live for about 5 to 7 years.
- Tank Size: A tank of at least 20 gallons is recommended for a small school of Buenos Aires Tetras.
- Water Conditions: They prefer slightly acidic to neutral water with a pH of 6.5 to 7.5, and a temperature range of 72 to 82°F (22 to 28°C).
- Diet: They are omnivores and will eat a variety of foods including flakes, pellets, live, and frozen foods like brine shrimp and bloodworms.
- Behavior: Buenos Aires Tetras are active swimmers and should be kept in groups of at least 6 to 8 individuals to prevent stress. They can sometimes be nippy, so avoid keeping them with long-finned or slow-moving fish.
- Tank Setup: Provide plenty of plants, driftwood, and hiding spots as they appreciate cover. They also benefit from a well-filtered tank with regular water changes.
- Compatibility: They generally do well with other peaceful fish of similar size and temperament in a community aquarium.
- Breeding: Breeding can be a bit challenging, but it's possible. Separate a breeding pair into a separate tank with fine-leaved plants for egg laying. The parents may eat their eggs, so consider removing them after spawning.
To maintain the highest quality, all fish undergo a one-week quarantine upon arriving at our warehouse before being made available for sale. This practice helps ensure the health and well-being of the fish we offer to our customers.
Live aquatic life is exclusively shipped on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Wednesdays. If an order is placed between Wednesday and Sunday, it will be held until the following Monday, unless overnight shipping is selected. This schedule might change due to holidays or other unforeseen circumstances.
LIVE ARRIVAL GUARANTEE
As with all live animal sales, there is a risk that they may arrive dead (DOA). If this is the case then a picture of the dead fish WITHIN THEIR ORIGINAL UN-OPEN BAG must be sent to us. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If the fish die anytime after they are released into their tank, that responsibility falls on the owner and no refund can be provided.
Furthermore, to qualify for the Live Arrival Guarantee, you must be present to receive the fish during the first delivery attempt. If you will not be home for delivery we suggest you arrange for the delivery service to hold your package at their facility for pickup, allowing the package to sit on your porch in extreme hot or cold weather is obviously not the best option for your new aquatic life.
For any concerns regarding your order, please use the link in the bottom right corner (if on our web site) to reach out to us or email us at email@example.com.